Become a Volunteer
There are many ways to volunteer with the Clay Fire Department – whether on-scene, behind-the-scenes, or in the community – we can use your help! Traditional Volunteer Membership (ages 18-65+) – Learn more below.
A Tradition of Service
Since 1917, Clay Fire Department has provided the highest value fire-rescue service to our property and home owners by “combining” the training of 35 volunteer firefighters with the history and traditions bulit by 100 years of tradition.
To continue providing that high level of service our community expects, our model depends upon residents like you to get involved.
A REWARDING EXPERIENCE
Being a volunteer firefighter with the Clay Fire Department is a truly rewarding experience. Not only are you dedicating your time to those in need, but the relationships you will build with the other members and families will last you a lifetime.
- Give back to the community in a most unique way
- Excitement your day job doesn’t offer
- Help neighbors and strangers alike in their time of need
- Sense of pride from being part of a well trained team
- Organized social events for volunteers and their families
- Leadership and management opportunities
- Learn new skills and make close friends
- Be in a profession you never thought of “back then”